I have been watching One Tree Hill since the very first episode aired. I remember I was a freshman in college and a friend of mine came to my dorm room to watch TV because she didn’t have one. She turned on Gilmore Girls, a show I never watched, and when it ended One Tree Hill came on. I was immediately sucked in. I’m sure Chad Michael Murray was the reason at the time. Anyway, over the first few episodes the show introduced the character, Brooke Davis, played by Sophia Bush. She was and is still my favorite character, probably because I can relate to her. Brooke and I are both sassy, insecure, over-thinkers. It turns out Sophia Bush and I also have a lot in common. Recently I read about Sophia’s fight to help the animals and area affected by the BP Oil Spill, a cause I am very passionate about. I have donated a lot of money to help the animals and the wetlands and I find it amazing that she has actually spent time down South, physically helping remove the oil and help the animals. When researching her efforts, I stumbled across Sophia’s blog. I enjoy reading about her causes whether it be the oil spill or he revolt against Urban Outfitters for selling a t-shirt with the words “eat less” on the front, encouraging girls to be thinner. It is always a pleasure to see someone use their fame for a good cause and Sophia is about as awesome as they come.
Take a look at her blog: http://www.sophiabush.com/blog/
Side Note: Two years ago my boyfriend took me to the set of One Tree Hill as my birthday present. We went on the set and saw them film. It was awesome. Later that night we were out a bar in Wilmington, North Carolina and Sophia Bush walks in. She tripped over something and fell into my boyfriend’s arms. I think he could have died happy right then and there.
No comments:
Post a Comment